- Rub lamb racks with extra virgin olive oil and season with garlic salt.
- On grill, place lamb racks fat side down and cook until fat starts to render and outside is golden brown.
- Turn racks, repeat process.
- Once racks are golden brown on both sides, but still rare in center, remove from heat and set on a roasting pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, and chopped parsley.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a layer of mustard on the back side of each lamb rack, approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- In a large saute pan, melt whole butter and saute panko bread crumbs, until they start to brown slightly, remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle a layer of bread crumbs on the mustard so that the bread crumbs are approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven, until desired temperature is reached (130 degrees internal temp or medium-rare is recommended).
- Let meat rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
CRISPY LEEK HASHBROWNS
- Place potatoes in a steamer and steam until potatoes start to get soft (do not overcook, potatoes should still be crunchy).
- Cool potatoes for 10-15 minutes and then shred on the large whole box grater.
- In a mixing bowl, mix shredded potatoes with leeks, Garlic Salt, eggs and chives until incorporated.
- Using a round or square mold at least 1 inch tall, press potatoes into the mold creating a potato cake.
- Remove mold and repeat process until all potatoes are used up.
- Deep fry potato cakes in a deep fat fryer at 350 degrees until cakes are golden brown and warm in the center.