16 cups Water
Wood or Pellets for smoking
2 Foil Pans
Ice Cube Mold
1. Heat your All Trident grill to a medium-low temperature so that the wood or pellets begin to smoke and set the grill up for indirect heat.
2. Add 8 cups of water to each foil pan. I suggest using a measuring cup or pitcher to pour the water into the pans directly onto the grill to prevent sloshing water on the grates.
3. Close the lid and allow the water to infuse with smoke for 25-30 minutes. Once the water has smoked, I turn off my grill (close your dampers and keep the lid closed if using a charcoal grill) and allow the pans to cool before pouring into the cube mold.
4. Pour the ice into your mold and allow it to freeze. If using the mold that's linked in the above post, I typically freeze for 18-20 hours. The cubes will not become clear because they are infused with smoke.
5. Store in a container or plastic freezer bag before use.